Classes & Training
Basic Qualifications to receive Texas License to Carry (LTC)
Requirements to qualify for a Texas LTC you must:
- Be 21 years old
- Meet Federal qualifications to purchase a firearm
- Complete required training (class and shooting qualification)
Some of these factors may make you ineligible to obtain a license, such as:
- Felony convictions
- Charges that resulted in probation
- Certain psychological diagnoses
- Restraining orders
- Unpaid child support.
More information available at: https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/GV/htm/GV.411.htm#411.172
Steps to getting a Texas LTC (2)
Step 1: Take training course (4-6 hours)
Step 2: Complete the online government application at https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc/
License to Carry Training course
Arena Gun Club offers the required course to obtain the Texas LTC which is approximately 4-6 hours long and is broken up into 2 parts: classroom and range.
- Shooting portion requirements:
- Eye and ear protection
- Firearm .22 caliber or higher (if you do not have your own firearm you can rent one with us)
- 1 box of ammunition (50 rounds)
- You will be shooting a silhouette at 3, 7, and 15 yards
- Upon completion of the LTC class, you will receive a Form LTC-100 which you will scan and send as part of your online application.
Online Government application
To begin the application process, visit https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc/
Pay the required fee, discounts may be eligible for government employees. To see list of fees visit https://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/LTC/documents/LTCFeeSchedule.pdf
The photo on your Texas ID will be used for your LTC ID.
Upon completing the class and the online application if all requirements are met your License to Carry ID should arrive in the mail in 4-6 weeks. (time frame may vary)
Please Note That We Are Still Setting Up Our Classes & More Classes Will Be Available Soon.